What we do?
DEISO (Integrated Environmental Sustainability Oriented Research and Development) is a sustainability company based in Japan. It delivers profit and impact to businesses and industries and values to the planet, academic institutions, and people. DEISO provides professional services to meet the needs for sustainability goals, efficiency, energy demand, and profitability with R&D, sustainability-focused services, EHS, solutions of CO2 reduction, LCA, KPIs, SDGs, sound material-cycle society, low carbon economy, research software, cloud-based sustainability solutions, and sustainability support for emerging countries. We aim to improve the industry's environmental performance, governance, society, and education with an integrated concept, data-driven assessment, and science-based consulting solutions and services. Learn more about what we do?
- 12 / 23 : Investment in Food Supply Chain
- 12 / 17 : We are hiring a Software Engineer
- 12 / 07 : DEISO Consulting services are now available
- 12 / 06 : Introducing the LCI data estimation services
- 11 / 26 : Introducing DEISO Training
- 11 / 25 : DESIO LCA One subscription plans are available now for students for up to a group of 20 postgraduate student
Conscious of the urgency to reduce emissions, a growing number of government, local government, and business entities are committed to the goal of turning net-zero emissions or reducing their contributions to climate change by setting targets for themselves. DESIO helps companies meet established targets by monitoring and reporting their impacts on the environment so that businesses can work towards achieving carbon neutrality. We can help attain Net-Zero emissions with several well-designed and professional services for each stage of achieving Zero emissions.
We compute all the GHG emissions for your business and help you report them in a professional format. We offer monthly, quarterly, and yearly packages to facilitate your company’s GHG reporting. Once the reporting is complete, you’ll have access to all user data when filing GHG reports with government agencies. Additionally, unlike many companies offering emissions assessment services, we provide analysis based on up to four Life Cycle Impact Assessments (LCA) for emissions other than CO2 for multiple environmental impacts up to 10.
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Solutions
To help in GHG emissions reduction, DEISO provides professional All-in-One life cycle environmental assessments. We offer several solutions to reduce your footprint, including LCA One. DEISO LCA One is ideal for anyone who needs to make an informed decision about resources or wants to do their part in increasing greenness in our planet but still needs the answers to tough questions. Whether it’s a new technology or project you are working on or planning out what kind of sunglasses or cleaning products to manufacture, DEISO LCA One will provide the answers any company needs. In addition, customers who subscribe to DEISO LCA One plans can get up to 10 multiple environmental impacts evaluation, training, consultation, help on LCA data, and more.
Carbon offsetting is a concept that is becoming more and more widely used by individuals and businesses alike these days. It’s an environmentally conscious way to reduce the number of greenhouse gases being emitted into the environment. Carbon Offsetting is a powerful tool to combat climate change, dominating the news in recent times. If you’re interested in learning more about Carbon Offsetting, contact us because we can assist with consultations, complete assessment of your carbon emissions, and determination of the amount of credit you’d need based on that figure, as well as technical evaluation from expert engineers when it comes down to choosing your project for Carbon Offsetting. We’ll make sure everything goes smoothly, including monitoring CO2 reduction and reporting!
Renewable Energy Studies and Services
Life Cycle Assessment
We Speak Fluent LCA
We evaluate the environmental impacts and benefits of technologies, manufacturing processes, products, services, and industries such as CO2 emissions and other greenhouse gasses, toxicity, and ecological damage, etc., including raw material extraction, production, transportation, use, and waste. We perform in-depth analysis and evaluation for a process-by-process system with a comprehensive inventory analysis including short reports, summaries, illustrations, and graphs, for decision-makers to understand the big image.
- We conduct LCAs at Local, regional, and global levels. We consider the impacts, including extraction and use of raw materials; production processes, products, or services; recycling activities and facilities; and waste collections and disposal methods such as landfilling, incineration, and bio-gasification.
- We support technology developers for the production process, production analytics, and technology development using LCA and environmental assessment methods for both the environmental and health impacts.
- We support the use of LCA software for business: consultancy, planning, and training. The LCA software includes GaBi ts, SimaPro, openLCA, and other evaluation-specific LCA software used in waste management, buildings, and construction.
- Support for Eco-labels and Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) for products using our LCA expertise.
- Fully utilizing the LCA to assist companies and industries in ensuring the sustainability of their strategic development.
- Use of the LCA for the transition from a linear to a circular economy (to support the economy’s circularity).
- We provide Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) data services. We estimate LCI data that is not available in the LCI commercial databases or literature. We do this to help LCA experts, businesses, and researchers conduct an LCA evaluation for their purposes (READ MORE).
- We are also developing our LCA tools and software (READ MORE).
We provide services that are customized to meet organizations’ specific needs in addressing the SDGs. We understand that the work of the SDGs will require a range of skills and capabilities, including strategic thinking, project management, monitoring and evaluation, mapping of operational interventions, and capacity building. There is no one size fits all approach to the SDGs. DEISO can assist your business to achieve the goal or the goals y0ou your company wants to achieve.
- We have both technical, industrial, and practical expertise, knowledge, and qualifications in sustainability.
- We are fully aligned with the United Nations Guidance for SDGs.
- We offer unique mapping services to map sustainable business goals concerning the SDGs.
- We develop indicators for measuring the progress towards the SDGs.
- We work based on Data-driven analytics, integrated and holistic approaches, and methodologies.
- Our evaluation is also based on the life cycle thinking approach (LEARN MORE).
- We consider multi-faceted issues, such as the environment, society, and the economy.
- We work and communicate with a variety of stakeholders. We work closely together to achieve one or more specific SDGs.
- We provide technical services to achieve and evaluate the SDGs progress of companies and industries such as Life Cycle Assessment (LCA); Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA); Material Flow Analysis (MFA); Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) data supply; services of Education for Sustainable development (ESD) all to attain the SDGs; as well comprehensive waste management services; energy services; agricultural services; and welfare studies. We provide SDG services through our research and development (R&D) and sustainable development services. We also deliver SDGs services based on up-to-date research results and in-depth studies and analyses.
- We offer an SDGs Hub to connect businesses working on the implementation of SDGs in their business. We also provide a knowledge base and a consultation session to the members of the DEISO SDG Hub. Please feel free to subscribe to an SDGs Hub plan that fits your needs.
- We provide IT services and solutions to support the SDGs’ online promotions and present our client’s achievements on SDGs on their websites. Please visit our IT department’s website devoted at desio.co.jp. Along with various IT services that can be outsourced to our company where our clients can focus on their business and the achievements of the SDGs goals of their interest.
The DEISO SDGs Hub is a platform through which businesses, industries, local governments, and individuals can access a knowledge-based portal—sharing their efforts, the best sustainability practices, actions, and accomplishments to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. The platform provides information on sustainable development issues in a networking manner. It also assists in the generation of ideas and solutions by connecting stakeholders from all over the world. DEISO SDGs Hub offers subscription plans that come with various services such as consultation, project assessment and evaluation, training, and more.
Save with Subscription Plans
DEISO LCA One
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Training
- LCA Software Training
- Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) Data Estimation
- LCA Consultation
- LCI Training
- LCA Modeling (up to 1 project/year)
- And more
DEISO GHG Reporting
- Monthly, Quarterly, or Yearly Reporting
- Assessment Scope: Cradle-to-Grave, Gate-to-Gate, Cradle-to-Gate, or Gate-to-Grave
- Online Dashboards
- Online Profiles
- Visualized Results
- Advice on GHG inventory
- LCA Modeling (up to 1 project/year)
- Share the Results Online
- And more
DEISO SDGs Hub
- SDGs Training
- SDGs Planning
- Up-to-Date data & Knowladge
- Development of Performance Indicator
- (up to 2 projects/year)
- Online Profiles
- Business Networking
- And more
At DESIO, we provide cutting-edge training services for companies, individuals, and postgraduate students. Our professional training services include training courses, seminars, workshops, and webinars, all of which are certified. Start today to optimize your operations and improve the sustainability performance of your organization.
We are committed to providing consultation services of the highest quality possible.
We offer a broad spectrum of consultancy services based on expert knowledge and practice. You may make an appointment to consult on these issues or areas of concern. Please feel free to consult our Professional Business Services page first for information on what we can offer before booking a consultation service. You can also contact us first if you have any questions via the contact form here or send an email to .
Consultation topics and areas include but are not limited to:
- Environmental impact assessment of any topic, area, or industry.
- Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
- LCA packages include GaBi ts, SimaPro, and openLCA.
- LCA data and its databases such as GaBi ts databases, ecoinvent database, and other DBs.
- Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) estimation for waste management processes such as unsanitary (uncontrolled landfilling), open burning of waste, open dumping of waste for both municipal and e-waste processes. In addition, the processes of chemicals, materials, and others.
- Circular economy and resource efficiency.
- Chemical process simulation.
- Impacts on environment and health concerning technology or product development.
- Environmental policies.
- Technology assessment and innovation.
- Research & Development.
- Reducing carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases.
- Climate change concerns.
- Renewable energy.
- Waste reuse.
- Materials reuse.
- CO2 utilization.
- Energy depletion concerns.
- Sustainable development in developing countries and its sustainability challenges.
- Environmental issues.
- Waste management (electronic, hazardous and municipal waste).
- A chemical process, design, modeling, optimization, and energy demand.
- Electricity grid mix design and environmental impact evaluation.
- Waste landfilling and landfills.
- Waste incineration.
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Support for scholarly research.
- Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
- Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA).
- Material Flow Analysis (MFA).
- Research methodologies.
- Data analysis, data visualization.
- Strategic planning for enterprise sustainability.
- IT support and IT outsourcing of our services to support sustainable business and sustainability such as technical support, web development, server management, etc., and much more. Please visit our IT website at it.deiso.co.jp.
Please visit our Professional Business Services for the fields we cover in which we can provide consulting.
Become a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) professional and step up your career in today's most complex industries, research, and development. Enrich your scientific publications and get recognized as an LCA expert in both academia and industry. Have any questions? Please contact us at .
The Basics of LCA
Get certified for the basics of LCA: LCA methodology, mathematical calculations with MS-Excel, applications, case studies, Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) data training, learn openLCA, preliminary results interpretation and visualization, basic LCA modeling, basic scenario development skills, electricity grid mix analysis. The focus of the certificate is not only climate change but additional ten environmental and health issues.
The features of the “DEISO LCA” certificate plus: Advanced LCA modeling, in-depth applications and case studies, training for more additional LCI databases, learn openLCA, GaBi ts, and SimaPro, LCI data estimation techniques, in-depth results interpretation, analysis, and visualization, scenario development, sensitivity analysis, uncertainty analysis, parameter analysis, incorporate LCA with other methodologies.
30% off for students & newly-graduated
OUR BUSINESS NETWORK:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Integrated Environmental Sustainability Oriented Research and Development.
DEISO is based in Sendai, Japan.
The majority of our services and projects are provided based on a quotation request. Please submit a Request for Quotation here for the service you are interested in or for your next project. We will get back to you with the quote as soon as possible. However, there are some services are fixed price. The price is mentioned throughout the website for those services.
Yes. Please get in touch with us by submitting the contact form here or by direct email to .
Yes. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by submitting the contact form here or by direct email to .
We are currently working for these industries and sectors: Manufacturing, Construction & Buildings, Chemicals, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Metals & Mining, Agriculture & Food, Government, and Education & Academia. More details are available here.
Yes. Please see details here.
Yes. We provide up to 2 hours of free consultation for every project before we go with our clients to the next step.