DEISO provides professional life cycle environmental assessment (LCA) services to improve environmental design, technology development, and manufacturing processes. Including, e.g., comprehensive environmental evaluation of a system, product, technology, or service from the cradle-to-grave, gate-to-gate, cradle-to-gate, and gate-to-grave evaluation. We consider part of the lifecycle or the entire cycle based on the customer needs: (1) extraction of raw materials phase, (2) production/manufacturing phase, (3) transportation phase, (4) the use phase of the product or technology, and (5) the end-of-life phase (the waste disposal or recycling).
The offered LCA services
We provide several business services of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA). The below slides provide an overall view of LCA’s concept and the advantages of conducting an LCA assessment for industries, companies, or businesses.
- Conducting a partial LCA study, e.g., on measuring the climate change impact (the Global Warming Potential; GWP) of your product, technology, or service.
- Conducting a complete LCA study: E.g., measuring up to 10 environmental-related issues such as ecotoxicity, human toxicity, ozone layer depletion potential, GWP, etc.
- Conducting a comprehensive LCA study: The comprehensive LCA study here is referred to as cradle-to-gate evaluation, including extraction of raw materials, production, packaging, transportation, use, and the end-of-life phase (disposal, which might be, e.g., landfilling or recycling, incineration).
- Conducting a partial or complete LCA study on the specific phase of the product’s life cycle or the technology, the product, or the service offered to your customers. E.g., the production phase or the waste management one.
- For a complete or comprehensive LCA, an End-Point LCA study can be offered. The previous LCA-based services are an evaluation at a mid-point level. At an end-point level, the mid-point environmental issues can be aggregated into end-point impacts, such as measuring the damage to the ecosystem, human health, and climate change.
- Conducting a gate-based LCA study, partially or wholly: cradle-to-gate, gate-to-gate, gate-to-grave, or cradle-to-grave.
- LCA training on the method: The LCA methodology, approaches, data-related, applications, etc.
- Consulting: regarding data requirements, data gaps, database recommendations for your project or evaluation study (what are the suitable database or databases to your project for conducting the evaluation).
- LCA Training: Full training courses, sessions, seminars, or workshop-based.
Examples of Environmental Issues Evaluated
Below are some examples of the measured environmental issues (environmental themes or environmental loads):
-Natural land transformation
-Particulate matter formation
-Photochemical oxidant -formation
-Urban land occupation
-Agricultural land occupation
Training Services for LCA Software and LCI Data
We also offer training, consultancy on LCA and its Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) data and software such as SimaPro, GaBi ts, openLCA, and the ecoinvent LCI database and other databases.
Important note on software training: Please note that users should have a license of the LCA software in which the customer wants to receive training. However, suppose the user does not have a fully licensed version installed on the trainee’s computer; in that case, the training services may be provided in the demo/trial versions. The cost of the training will be reduced, and the outcome of the training will be limited due to the restricted functions that are usually provided by the demo/trial versions.
What makes our Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) services unique?
- We conduct LCAs at Local, regional, and global levels. We consider the impacts, including extraction and use of raw materials; production processes, products, or services; recycling activities and facilities; and waste collections and disposal methods such as landfilling, incineration, and bio-gasification.
- We support technology developers for the production process, production analytics, and technology development using LCA and environmental assessment methods.
- We support the use of LCA software for business: consultancy, planning, and training. The LCA software includes GaBi ts, SimaPro, openLCA, and other evaluation-specific LCA software used in waste management, buildings, and construction.
- Support for Eco-labels and Environmental Product Declarations (EDFs) for products using our LCA expertise.
- Fully utilizing the LCA to assist companies and industries in ensuring the sustainability of their strategic development.
- Use of the LCA for the transition from a linear to a circular economy (to support the economy’s circularity).
- We provide Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) data services. We estimate LCI data that is not available in the LCI commercial databases or literature. We do this to help LCA experts, businesses, and researchers conduct an LCA evaluation for their purposes (READ MORE).
- We are also developing our LCA tools and software (READ MORE).